Are my medical records kept private and confidential?
Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy. Our staff is bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records. We will not release the contents of your medical file without your consent.
If you have seen other clinicians for similar problems, please have your records forwarded to Dr. Brown.
Do I need anything else prior to the appointment?
Expect highly trained staff to see you promptly, administer excellent patient care, and respond to any of your concerns. Our goal is to establish the appropriate level of support and assistance for your care.
Medical imaging is a key component of your evaluation. Our office will provide the prescription prior to your appointment. If possible, please visit our partners Lenox Hill Radiology or Park Avenue Radiology to obtain images of your affected area prior to the visit.
If you have recently obtained images, please bring both the images (i.e. CD, digital file, etc) and the report for your evaluation.
We want you to feel better!
What to bring?
Here is check list for your initial consultation:
- Driver’s License or a valid legal form of ID
- Insurance information (ID card)
- Co-payment as designated on your insurance card
- Referral Letter (if required by your insurance)
- Copies of results, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans etc. and any other relevant information
- List of medications (if any)
- List of any allergies to medications
- Please prepare a list of any questions to ensure that we address all of your concerns
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
Your insurance may require a referral for specialist visit. For your initial consultation, you will need to bring a referral letter from your physician if necessary.
What hours does Dr. Brown see patients?
Dr. Brown has office hours the following times:
MANHATTAN OFFICE HOURS:
Tuesdays: 7:30 am until 3 pm
Thursdays: 10 am until 4 pm
BROOKLYN OFFICE HOURS:
Wednesdays: 10 am until 4 pm
Fridays: 9 am until 3:30 pm